Nebraska811 Safe Digging Meetings Go Virtual!
Out of an abundance of caution regarding the COVID-19 pandemic, Nebraska811 will be holding our 811 Safe Digging and Damage Prevention meetings online for the time being. Please join us!
This is the next best thing to in-person meetings and allows for a large number of attendees to get FREE safety training and learn about 811. The meetings will occur at several convenient times throughout the day so that you can work it into your busy schedule. Plus, we’ll be conducting prize drawings at each meeting! (Be sure to register each attendee and provide an address so that we can get your prize to you if you win.)
All Nebraska digging industry stakeholders interested in safe digging, including excavators, utility company representatives, anyone that places locate requests and third-party locators.
Topics to be covered:
- Safe digging and damage prevention
- One-Call law and penalties
- Review of new rules and regulations that went into effect in 2019
- Placing a locate request and the new ITICnxt online ticketing system
- NE811 technology updates
- Protocol for damages and violation complaint procedures
- Q & A open forum chat or interactive discussion (depending on attendance)
Watch the ne1call.com website as dates will be added regularly. Upcoming trainings are as follows:
- Tuesday, April 6 at 11:30 AM
- Thursday, April 8 at 3:30 PM
- Tuesday, April 13 at 7:30 AM
- Wednesday, April 21 at 11:30 AM
- Friday, April 23 at 7:30 AM
Meetings will last 45 minutes with 15 minutes for Q & A and prizes at the end. Click on the REGISTER NOW button at the bottom of this page to sign up. You will be able to select a session once on the registration page.
Meetings will be conducted via Zoom. You must be registered in order to be admitted to the meeting. After you register, you will be emailed a unique meeting link.
To download Zoom on your computer:
- Go to zoom.com/download and click on the “Download” button under “Zoom Client for Meetings.”
- The Zoom application will appear in your downloads folder and/or the downloads panel at the bottom of your web browser. Click on the Zoom file in one of those locations to open; the application will then install.
- When it is time to join your meeting, click on the “join Zoom meeting” link from your registration email. This will open Zoom and take you right to the meeting.
- Please make sure you have the Zoom application installed on your computer before clicking the link to join the meeting
- We recommend downloading the app at least 15 minutes before the meeting starts
- Unless you have a strong wireless broadband connection, we recommend using a physical internet connection via Ethernet connectivity, as this will allow for higher quality viewing of the Zoom presentations.
If you have any issues getting into the meeting, email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 402-676-1989. I will try to help resolve issues as time allows. Otherwise, please sign up for another session and email or call in advance so that we can resolve any issues well ahead of time.
- The FREE training helps to prevent injuries and avoid damage to underground lines and all the negative consequences that result
- You may be able to receive CEU credit. Contact Jill Geyer at email@example.com to inquire about this.
- You may win a really cool prize! Winners will be randomly drawn from those in attendance.
- Prizes include your choice of 811 thermal mugs, hats, T-shirts, hoodies, cooler, grill and gift cards.
- The grand prize winner will be drawn from a list of all 2021 virtual Safe Digging meeting attendees after the meetings are complete for the year.
Attendance is limited, so please sign up early. If you are unable to register, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.